Hobbs Straus lawyers have played key roles in obtaining amendments to the ISDEAA to strengthen tribal rights to administer BIA and IHS programs under Titles I, IV and V.
Tribal Infrastructure & Business Development
- Advise and assist clients to strengthen tribal infrastructure and business development.
- Draft tribal codes and ordinances including:
- General business licensure
- Sales taxes
- Mineral severance taxes
- Lodging taxes
- Tribal uniform commercial code
- Workers compensation ordinance
- Revolving loan fund ordinance
- Sports regulations