In a joint effort with the United States, our attorneys successfully established the right of tribal health contractors to collect third-party reimbursements in U.S. and Norton Sound Health Corp. v. Bering Strait School District, 138 F.3d 1281 (9th Cir. 1998).
Tribal Infrastructure & Business Development
- Advise and assist clients to strengthen tribal infrastructure and business development.
- Draft tribal codes and ordinances including:
- General business licensure
- Sales taxes
- Mineral severance taxes
- Lodging taxes
- Tribal uniform commercial code
- Workers compensation ordinance
- Revolving loan fund ordinance
- Sports regulations