Hobbs Straus litigated a case establishing the right of a tribal organization to contract under Public Law 93-638 in a service area that was not a "reservation" in Rapid City Indian Health Board v. IHS, IBIA No. 97-100-A.
Tribal Infrastructure & Business Development
- Advise and assist clients to strengthen tribal infrastructure and business development.
- Draft tribal codes and ordinances including:
- General business licensure
- Sales taxes
- Mineral severance taxes
- Lodging taxes
- Tribal uniform commercial code
- Workers compensation ordinance
- Revolving loan fund ordinance
- Sports regulations