Hobbs Straus lawyers helped prevent the federal government from enforcing criminal gaming laws against a tribe in a civil injunction action in United States v. Menominee Tribe, 694 F.Supp. 1373 (E.D.Wis. Sep 19, 1988) (NO.CIV. A. 88-C-76).
Tribal Infrastructure & Business Development
- Advise and assist clients to strengthen tribal infrastructure and business development.
- Draft tribal codes and ordinances including:
- General business licensure
- Sales taxes
- Mineral severance taxes
- Lodging taxes
- Tribal uniform commercial code
- Workers compensation ordinance
- Revolving loan fund ordinance
- Sports regulations