Our attorneys worked on behalf of the Native Village of Barrow to establish the right of the Village to exercise exclusive jurisdiction under the Indian Child Welfare Act in Alaska.
Tribal Infrastructure & Business Development
- Advise and assist clients to strengthen tribal infrastructure and business development.
- Draft tribal codes and ordinances including:
- General business licensure
- Sales taxes
- Mineral severance taxes
- Lodging taxes
- Tribal uniform commercial code
- Workers compensation ordinance
- Revolving loan fund ordinance
- Sports regulations