Our attorneys assisted an intertribal effort in California to secure state legislation repudiating the use of the “existing Indian family doctrine,” a doctrine used to avoid application of the Indian Child Welfare Act.
- Advise and assist tribes on establishing and improving tribal court systems.
- Draft and revise tribal court codes.
- Assist tribes in developing jurisdictional scope for tribal courts.
- Draft rules of procedure and evidence for tribal courts.
- Provide representation for enforcement of tribal court judgments in non-Indian courts.