Our firm assisted the Comanche Nation in obtaining an injunction against the USDOI/BIA preventing approval of a compact for a foreign tribe in Comanche jurisdiction and a subsequent settlement reinforcing Comanche Nation veto authority over other tribes’ attempts to displace Comanche jurisdiction.
Tribal Constitutions & Codes
- Provide counsel to tribes and tribal organizations on how to strengthen constitutions to lay a stronger foundation for economic and political development.
- Present workshops on best practices within Indian Country for the processes of reform to maximize citizen participation and understanding.
- Advise and assist tribes on the process of re-examining outdated tribal constitutions.
- Draft, revise and interpret codes and ordinances including those for:
- Tribal court systems
- Law and order issues
- Environmental issues
- Land use
- Corporate and business issues