Hobbs Straus attorneys have assisted several tribes and tribal organizations to obtain Section 8(a) certifications for tribally-owned companies.
Legislative Advocacy & Analysis
- Provide a complete range of lobbying, agency coordination, and general government relations services;
- Prepare position papers, testimony, regulatory comments, and briefing materials;
- Draft legislation and advocate for enactment of legislation;
- Facilitate and attend meetings with key members of Congress and the Administration and their staffs;
- Provide specialized legislative and regulatory analysis and assistance, including appropriations and self-determination issues, health care, child welfare, public broadcasting, and gaming procedures; and
- Work to defeat legislation that presents threats to tribal sovereignty and self-determination, including Congressional proposals to legislatively abolish tribal sovereign immunity, curtail tribal gaming rights, limit self-determination rights, and limit tribal rights under the Indian Child Welfare Act.