Hobbs Straus prepared the successful petition of Native Village of King Salmon for federal recognition under the standard set forth in the Alaska Amendment to the Indian Reorganization Act resulting in King Salmon being added to the list of federally recognized tribes.
Employment & Labor Relations
- Draft, review and revise personnel policies.
- Advise and assist in the investigation of sexual harassment complaints.
- Advise and assist in the employee disciplinary process, including dismissal of employees.
- Advise and defend tribes and tribal organizations when employees have asserted claims in court or to federal or state agencies.
- Present workshops on employment law topics and harassment training.
- Draft Tribal Employment Rights Ordinances (TERO).
- Develop comprehensive workforce protection laws to address issues such as Indian preference, right to work or right to exclude.
- Prepare tribal national labor relations laws to address unionization under tribal systems.